View All Inventory
F40 Motorsports is proud to offer this 1955 MG TF 1500.
Seller is a retired engineer who has a history in SCCA racing, restoring and maintaining vintage automobiles.
MGTF 1500: The Current Owner,
Purchased from Walter Kane in Tustin California in 1976. Walter had owned the MG for 20 years.
He had the MG serviced locally (see the receipts in the attached packet).
This MG (Unrestored), in 1977 became a member of the Vintage MG Club of Southern California.
1979, the MG relocated (with its owner and family) to Denver, CO
1980, the MG relocated (with its owner and family) back to Mission Viejo Ca.
Early 1981, the MG underwent a 100% teardown, all the way to the frame.
Note: Odometer read 32,000 miles
- All parts were stored and labeled
- All applicable metal underwent a chemical dip and strip
- Engine was dissembled
- Engine block and Radiator were boiled out
All Necessary replacement parts were purchased through Moss Motors
Brake Parts, Water Pump, Rubber hoses…..
Engine was painted and professionally reassembled and balanced.
Note: The engine fan has undergone a heat treatment to temper the metal and increase life span
All gauges were sent out to a specially house for maintenance and calibration.
Note: The Speedometer was not reset. Miles shown are actual.
Both SU carburetors were rebuilt with replacement jets, cork gaskets and O rings.
Frame and suspension parts were chemically stripped and repainted using Emeron. A very tough paint used on the front of airliners.
All 4 shock absorbers were re-built
The break system was cleaned, flushed, dried and filled with silicon break fluid.
Note: This car possesses rare (not reproduced) Alfin racing bread break drums.
All Chrome was removed, stripped and re-chromed
Late 1981, The MG relocated (with owners family) to Lake Forrest, IL (N. Chicago). Shipment method was an enclosed truck
1983, The MG relocated (with owners family) to Manchester, CT. Shipment method was an enclosed truck
1990, engine received a valve and guide upgrade (to account for the fading supply of Leaded fuel)
1993, The MG relocated (with owners family) to Dallas, TX. Shipment method was an enclosed truck
2001, The MG relocated (with owners family) to Ocean View, DE. Shipment method was an enclosed truck
- Best In Show
- Best Post War
- Best T Series
- Best TF
- 2nd place World’s Best MGTF - 1998
Membership in the following Clubs:
Vintage MG Club of Southern California
Chicago Land MG Club
New England T Register
Texas MG Register
* While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the vehicle data, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions contained on these pages. Please verify information, pricing, and availability with a dealership sales representative. All advertised prices exclude government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer document preparation charge, and any emission testing charge. Subject to prior sale.